Kubernetes (commonly referred to as K8s) is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications. Originally designed by Joe Beda, Brendan Burns and Craig McLuckie at Google. It was first released in 2014. It is used to carry out DevOps tasks such as deployment, scheduling, and scalability across a cluster of nodes. Kubernetes is one of the most popular DevOps tools. Here are the best Kubernetes tutorials, best Kubernetes books and best Kubernetes courses to learn Kubernetes in 2019.
What is the Best Kubernetes Tutorial?
You will learn all about Kubernetes. Frequently updated and with over 40, 000 students, you will master Kubernetes and learn DevOps.
The most popular and thorough Kubernetes tutorial, with 44,000 Students and 21 hours of content. You will learn Docker, helping you become better at DevOps.
Learn Kubernetes from scratch, hands-on by doing. This is perfect for beginners to DevOps and Kubernetes.
What is the Best Kubernetes Book?
Best Kubernetes tutorials 2019
Kubernetes Certification Course by Mumshad Mannambeth will help you learn concepts and practice for the Kubernetes Certification. You will complete lectures, quizzes and assignments to practice your Kubernetes skills. Learning Kubernetes is essential for any DevOps professional. The Kubernetes Certification course is a practical hands-on course. You will learn to design and deploy applications on Kubernetes Clusters.
Using Kubernetes secrets and Kubernetes network policies, you will secure your Kubernetes clusters. You will learn to troubleshoot deployed applications by using logs. Creating and scheduling jobs in Kubernetes is covered. You will create and configure persistent volumes. This Kubernetes certification training is one of the best ways to get Kubernetes certified.
Kubernetes from A to Z by Stefan Thorpem and Samy Mkacher will help you learn Kubernetes. You will master the best open-source system for automating deployment, scaling and managing containerized applications. This Kubernetes tutorial is an excellent introduction to Kubernetes for beginners. You will gain a great understanding of Kubernetes along with basic experience. This beginner Kubernetes tutorial will teach you the why and what of Kuberenetes. This is one of the best Kubernetes tutorial for beginners in 2019.
Learn DevOps: Advanced Kubernetes Usage by Edward Viaene will teach you to use enterprise features. This tutorial assumes you can setup your own cluster using Minikube or Kops. You will learn how to setup authentication/authorization. The course will teach you to do automated deploys using Spinnaker. You will learn how to use centralized logging using ElasticSearch, Kibana, Fluentd, and LogTrail. The course will help you monitor applications using Prometheus. You will proxy Microservices with Linkerd. Kubernetes Ingress is also touched upon. This is one of the best advanced Kubernetes tutorials in 2019.
The Complete DevOps Engineer Course 2.0 – Java & Kubernetes by Syed Raza & Syed Ali will teach you how to become a DevOps Engineer. You will learn in-depth about Java. The basic concepts of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) in DevOps are explained. This DevOps Engineer training will teach you about managing application containers. You will understand the Kubernetes Architecture and how to use it properly. You will use and understand the Cloud Google Platform, namely Google Cloud Shell and Google Container Engine. This is among the best Kubernetes & Java courses in 2019.
Best Kubernetes books 2019
- Marko Luksa
- Publisher: Manning Publications
- Edition no. 1 (01/20/2018)
- Paperback: 624 pages
Kubernetes in Action by Marko Luksa is will help you learn to deploy with Kubernetes. You will start with an overview of Docker and Kubernetes. Then you will build your first Kubernetes cluster. Kubernetes core concepts and basics are taught in detail. You will learn advanced Kubernetes features and implement them. The Kuberenets book is a comprehensive guide to Kubernetes. Kubernetes best practices are touched upon. You will learn:
- Kubernetes internals
- Deploying containers across cluster
- Securing clusters
- Updating applications with zero downtime
This is one of the best Kubernetes books in 2019.
- Nigel Poulton
- Publisher: Independently published
- Paperback: 173 pages
The Kubernetes Book by Nigel Poulton will help you learn Kubernetes quickly. This book serves as an introduction to Kubernetes. You will learn Kubernetes theory and Kubernetes practical as fast as possible to run Kubernetes deployment quickly. The book starts with a Kubernetes Primer, followed by Kubernetes principles of operation. Then you will install Kubernetes. Working with Kubernetes pods is shown. You will learn Kubernetes Deployments and Kubernetes Services. This book is packed with detailed Kubernetes examples to help you learn the important Kubernetes concepts.
This is one of the best Kubernetes books for beginners in 2019.
- Sébastien Goasguen, Michael Hausenblas
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Edition no. 1 (03/12/2018)
- Paperback: 192 pages
Kubernetes Cookbook: Building Cloud Native Applications by Sébastien Goasguen and Michael Hausenblas will provide you easy Kubernetes solutions to Kubernetes problems. This Kubernetes cookbook contains 80 Kubernetes recipes. The recipes focus on detailed Kubernetes solutions for installing, interacting, and using Kubernetes in development and production. You will learn:
- Creating a Kubernetes cluster
- Using Kubernetes command-line interface (Kubernetes CLI)
- Managing fundamental workload types
- Working with services
- Using Kubernetes API
- Managing stateful and non-cloud native apps
- Working with volumes and configuration data
- Cluster-level and application-level scaling
- Securing your applications
- Monitoring and logging
- Maintenance and troubleshooting
This is one of the best Kubernetes cookbooks in 2019.
- Ed Robinson
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Paperback: 270 pages
Kubernetes on AWS: Deploy and manage production-ready Kubernetes clusters on AWS by Ed Robinson will help you manage Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services. You will use Kubernetes on AWS to deploy highly scalable applications. This Kubernetes and AWS book will teach you to provision Kubernetes clusters on Amazon EC2 environments. You will implement Kubernetes best practices to improve efficiency and Kubernetes security on the cloud. You will learn:
- Learn how to provision a production-ready Kubernetes cluster on AWS
- Deploy your own applications to Kubernetes with Helm
- Discover strategies for troubleshooting your cluster and know where to find help with issues
- Explore the best ways to monitor your cluster and the applications running on it
- Supercharge your cluster by integrating it with the tools provided by the AWS platform
- Architect your cluster for high availability
This is one of the best Kubernetes and AWS books in 2019.
- Kelsey Hightower, Brendan Burns, Joe Beda
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Edition no. 1 (09/07/2017)
- Paperback: 202 pages
Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure by Kelsey Hightower, Brendan Burns and Joe Beda is a practical guide to Kubernetes This Kubernetes books shows you how container technology can help you achieve new levels of velocity, agility, reliability, and efficiency. You will learn:
- Kubernetes distributed system challenges
- Dive into Docker containerized application development
- Create and run containers on Kubernetes, using the docker image format and container runtime
- Explore specialized objects essential for running applications in production
- Reliably roll out new software versions without downtime or errors
- Develop and deploy real-world applications Kubernetes examples
- Jonathan Baier, Jesse White
- Packt Publishing
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 3 (10/30/2018)
Getting Started with Kubernetes by Jonathan Baier will help you learn how to schedule and run application containers with Kubernetes. This book will teach you Kubernetes fundamentals. You will Get to grips with a wide range of tools to monitor and secure your deployments. Using Kubernetes to manage your container clusters and networks is a key topic. You will learn:
- Download, install, and configure the Kubernetes code base
- Set up and access monitoring and logging for Kubernetes clusters
- Set up external access to applications running in the cluster
- Scale Kubernetes with hosted platforms on AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Run multiple Kubernetes clusters and manage them from a single control plane
- Best tools for deploying and managing a Kubernetes cluster
- Harden Kubernetes operations, networking, and storage
- Gigi Sayfan
- Packt Publishing
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 2 (04/27/2018)
Mastering Kubernetes by Gigi Sayfan will help you design, deployment, and management of large-scale containers with Kubernetes.
You will learn:
- Building Kubernetes clusters for long-time operation
- Advantages of Kubernetes on GCE, AWS, Azure, and bare metal
- Understand Kubernetes identity model with the cluster federation
- Monitor and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters to run highly available Kubernetes
- Create and configure custom Kubernetes resources and
- Run complex stateful applications in your container environment
- Deliver applications as standard packages
- Use third-party resources in your automation workflows
Amazon Associates Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Last update on 2019-06-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API