Best Tableau Courses 2021
Best Tableau Books 2021
Tableau is a software tool used for creating data visualizations and dashboard. Tableau can query relational databases, online analytical processing cubes, cloud databases, and spreadsheets and then generates a number of graph types.
Best Tableau tutorials 2021
Tableau 2021 A-Z: Hands-On Tableau Training for Data Science
Learning Tableau 2021 step-by-step. This Tableau 10 tutorial is perfect for beginners. You will use Tableau to analyze and visualize data in a wide variety of ways. This Tableau training videos will help you convert raw data into data visualizations. You will learn Tableau skills that allow you to build interactive dashboards, barcharts, area charts, maps, scatterplots, piecharts, treemaps and storylines.
You will gain skills in:
- Tableau basics, so you can navigate the software, connect it to a data file, and export a worksheet.
- Find trends in your data and make accurate forecasts to work with data extracts and timeseries.
- Aggregations to summarize information.
- Granularity to ensure accurate calculations.
- Create various charts, maps, scatterplots, and interactive dashboards for each of your projects.
- Join or blend multiple data sources.
- Advanced Tableau 10 features for data preparation including table calculations, treemap charts, and storylines.
- Connect Tableau to a variety of datasets
- Analyze, merge, join and calculate data
- View data as various graphs, plots and maps
This course starts with the basics of Tableau. You will navigate the software, connect it to a data file, and export a spreadsheet, so that even beginners will feel completely at ease. To be able to find trends in your data and make accurate predictions, you will learn how to work with data extracts and time series. Additionally, to aid in data digestion, you’ll learn how to use aggregations to summarize information. You’ll also use granularity to ensure accurate calculations. In order to start visualizing the data, you will learn how to create various interactive charts, maps, point clouds, and dashboards for each of your projects. You’ll even know when it’s best to join or mix data in order to work with and present information from multiple sources. Finally, you’ll cover the latest and most advanced features of data preparation in Tableau 10, where you’ll create table calculations, treemap charts, and scenarios.
By the time you complete this course, you will be a very competent Tableau user. You will use your skills as a data scientist to extract knowledge from data so that you can analyze and visualize complex issues with ease. You will be fully prepared to collect, examine and present data for any purpose, whether you are working with scientific data or want to forecast buying trends to increase profits.
Learn Tableau from the best Tableau tutorial in 2021.
Tableau 20 Advanced Training: Master Tableau in Data Science
Master Tableau 2021 in data science by solving real-life analytics problems. This training videos assumes familiarity with basics. You will gain Tableau skills including: how to create, use and combine groups with sets.
In this Tableau training videos you will :
- Create and use Groups
- Understand the difference between Groups and Sets
- Create and use Static Sets
- Create and use Dynamic Sets
- Combine Sets into more Sets
- Use Sets as filters
- Create Sets via Formulas
- Control Sets with Parameters
- Control Reference Lines with Parameters
- Use multiple fields in the colour property
- Create highly interactive Dashboards
- Develop an intrinsic understanding of how table calculations work
- Use Quick Table calculations
- Write your own Table calculations
- Combine multiple layers of Table Calculations
- Use Table Calculations as filters
- Use trendlines to interrogate data
- Perform Data Mining
- Create powerful storylines for presentation to Executives
- Create powerful storylines for presentation to Executives
- Understand Level Of Details
- Implement Advanced Mapping Techniques
- How to use Groups and Sets to increase your work efficiency 10x
- Everything about Table Calculations and how to use their power in your analysis
- How to perform Analytics and Data Mining
- How to create Animations
This is one of the best advanced Tableau tutorials in 2021.
Master Course in Tableau 10 & 2021 for Business Intelligence
You will start by learning Tableau basics and fundamentals. This training videos will help you see how Tableau manipulates your data. You will then learn advanced Tableau features to work with your data. This Tableau tutorial will test your knowledge and help you master Tableau. You will learn advanced dashboard skills.
You will learn Dashboard Functionality:
- Actions (Filter, Highlight and URL)
- Navigation between dashboards via actions
- Parameters: The Fundamentals
- Parameters: Switching between measures
- Parameters: As a global filter
- Dashboard Design: Make it look good
- Dashboard Design: Make it function well
- Review & Publishing
- When to use storyboards vs dashboards
You will learn Chart Types:
- Text Tables
- Heat Maps
- Highlight Tables
- Waterfall Chart (BONUS)
- Symbol Maps
- Filled Maps
- Pie Charts
- Bar Charts
- Stacked Bars
- Side by Side Bars
- Duel Axis Charts
- Tree Maps
- Scatter Plots
- Area Charts
- Box and Whisker
- Control Charts
- Word cloud
You will be learning Tableau Skills:
- Connecting to Data
- Level of Detail (LOD)
- What “Good” data Looks like
- Dashboards and Stories
- How tableau pivots on your data
- Bins and Distributions
- Calculated Fields
- Table Calculations
- Tableau Calculations as functions
- Window calculations
- Data blending and joining
- Reference lines & bollinger bands
- Trend line
- Filters, including the context filter
- Grouping & Sets
- Using time series charts
- Formatting (colours, fonts etc)
- Custom colours
- Custom shapes
- WMS Mapping
- Packaging workbooks
This is among the best Tableau tutorials in 2021.
Tableau for Beginners: Get CA Certified, Grow Your Career
This training videos is perfect for Tableau beginners. You will learn to sort, filter, slice, pivot, and graph your data. Hands-on exercises will help you learn by doing.
You’ll gain Tableau skills in how to:
- Sort, filter, and group your data
- Create tables, bar charts, pie charts, and line graphs
- Combine multiple data sources using data blending and joins.
- Show location using geographic maps
- Aggregate with sum, average, min, max, and counts
- Create new fields using calculations
- Create calculated fields with conditional logic
- Map data to detect geographic variation.
- Create a dynamic dashboard combining multiple worksheets
- Create trendlines and relevant statistical metrics such as p-value and R-squared.
- Create forecasts with prediction intervals, accounting for seasonal variability
- Use publicly available data to create visualizations on practically anything.
- Answer questions on the Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate Exam.
This is one of the best Tableau tutorials for beginners in 2021.
Best Tableau books 2021
Learning Tableau 2020: Create effective data visualizations, build interactive visual analytics, and transform your organization 4th Edition
Learning Tableau 2020 by Joshua N Milligan begins by introducing you to the basics of Tableau. Then we show different types of connections and how to work with metadata. We teach you how to use a wide variety of visualizations to analyze and communicate data, and present you with calculations and parameters. Then we take a deep dive into Level of Detail (LOD) expressions and use them to solve complex data problems. Here are table calculations, how to extend and modify default visualizations, create an interactive dashboard, and master the art of storytelling with data.
This Tableau book will introduce you to visual statistical analysis capabilities, create different types of visualizations, and dynamic dashboards for rich user experiences. Next, we move on to maps and geospatial visualization, as well as the new data model capabilities introduced in Tableau 2020.2. Additionally, you’ll use Tableau Prep’s ability to clean and structure data and share the stories in your data. You’re going to learn:
Develop amazing visualizations to explain complex data clearly
Explore exciting new data model capabilities
Connect to multiple data sources to gather all your data
Take advantage of the incredible capabilities of Tableau Prep Builder for data cleansing and structuring
Create and use calculations to solve problems and enrich analysis
Master advanced topics like assemblies, LOD calculations, and more
Make smart decisions with data aggregation, distribution and forecasting
Share your data stories to create a culture of trust and action
Getting Started with Tableau 2019.2: Effective data visualization and business intelligence with the new features of Tableau 2019.2 2nd Edition
Getting Started with Tableau 2019.2 by Tristan Guillevin will allow you to familiarize yourself with these additional features.
The book begins by highlighting the new features in Tableau 2019.2 and providing concrete examples of how they are used. However, if you’re new to Tableau, don’t worry – you’ll be guided through the main things in Tableau with relevant examples. You will learn how to connect to data, create a data source, visualize your data, create a dashboard, and even share data online. In the final chapters, you will dive into advanced techniques such as creating a database merge and mixing data. You will:
Discover new features like ‘Ask for data’, the new way to interact with your data in natural language
Connect tables and perform transformations like rotating field and split columns
Create an efficient data source for analysis
Design an intuitive data visualization using different types of marks and properties.
Build powerful dashboards and stories
Share your work and interact with Tableau Server
Use Tableau to explore your data and find new insights
Explore advanced Tableau features and prepare for future challenges
Practical Tableau: 100 Tips, Tutorials, and Strategies from a Tableau Zen Master
- Sleeper, Ryan (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 624 Pages - 05/15/2018 (Publication Date) - O'Reilly Media (Publisher)
This Tableau book includes five sections:
- Tableau Fundamentals so you can get started from the beginning
- Tableau Chart types consisting of step-by-step tutorials to build a variety of charts
- Learn innovative uses of parameters, color theory to make your Tableau workbooks run efficiently
- INSIGHT Framework for building dashboards
- Storytelling tactics for storytelling with data, including specific and actionable tips you can implement immediately
Communicating Data with Tableau: Designing, Developing, and Delivering Data Visualizations
- O Reilly Media
- Jones, Ben (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 334 Pages - 07/15/2014 (Publication Date) - O'Reilly Media (Publisher)
- Present comparisons of how much and how many
- Use blended data sources to create ratios and rates
- Create charts to depict proportions and percentages
- Visualize measures of mean, median, and mode
- Lean how to deal with variation and uncertainty
- Communicate multiple quantities in the same view
- Show how quantities and events change over time
- Use maps to communicate positional data
- Build dashboards to combine several visualizations
Learning Tableau 2019: Tools for Business Intelligence, data prep, and visual analytics, 3rd Edition
- Milligan, Joshua N. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 504 Pages - 03/27/2019 (Publication Date) - Packt Publishing (Publisher)
The platform is the benchmark for business intelligence and visual analysis tools in all fields. It enables instant interpretation and interpretation of data with charts, graphs, dashboards and much more. Updated with the latest whitewash features, this book takes you from the basics of Tableau 2019 to the advanced subject.
This third edition of the best-selling guide, will help you master updated features such as defined action and transparent vision. Starting the installation, you will first create your visualizations by collision, then look for practical examples and advanced techniques. You will create bar charts, tree maps, point clouds, time series and a variety of scenarios. Next, you’ll learn how to overcome challenges with data structure and quality, and engage in effective storytelling and decision-making with business-critical information. Finally, you will explore the preparation of the table and learn how to use it to integrate and format data for analysis. At the end of this book, you will be equipped to take advantage of the powerful features of Tableau 2019 for decision making.
You will learn:
- How to share and build Tableau visualizations and Tableau dashboards
- Prepare and clean your data
- Create advanced visualizations that explain complexity with clarity and style
- Use clustering and distribution models that allow you to analyze trends and make forecasts
- Data storytelling to aid decision-making and strategy
This is one of the best Tableau 10 books in 2021.