What is the Best Nodejs Tutorial?
Most popular Nodejs tutorial with over 125,000 students and 34+ hours of content! Covers everything you need to master Node including building real-world apps. You will make use of Express, Mocha, Socket.io and more!
This is the most comprehensive Nodejs course, with over 35 hours of content and 32,000 students! You will learn Advanced Nodejs and go beyond with SQL, REST APIs and GraphQL.
What is the Best Nodejs Book?
Best Nodejs tutorials 2019
Learn and Understand NodeJS by Anthony Alicea is a great introduction to Nodejs for beginners. You will take a Nodejs deep dive, understanding Node.js and how it works. This Nodejs course will get you started with Node features. You will make use of the MEAN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS & Node.js) stack.
You will learn:
- Understand the technical Nodejs concepts
- Learn how Node works under the hood
- Use NPM and manage node packages
- Structure a Node application properly using modules
- Node asynchronous code
- Node event loop
- Understand the use of Event Emitter
- Understand Buffers, Streams, and Pipes
- How the MEAN stack works
- Connect to a SQL or Mongo database
- Work with files in Node
- Build a web application and API with Express
- Build a web server in Node
By the end of the Node course, you will be able to explain Nodejs to everyone. This is one of the best Nodejs courses in 2019.
This Nodejs course will help you learn:
- Build RESTful services (APIs) with Node, Express, and MongoDB
- Node module system
- Node Package Manager (NPM)
- Nodejs best practices
- Avoid Nodejs common mistakes and pitfalls
- Useful ES6+ features
- Implementing CRUD operations
Storing complex data in MongoDB
- Data Validation
- Authentication and authorization
- Handling and logging errors
- Nodejs Unit testing
- Nodejs Integration testing
- Nodejs Test-driven development (TDD)
- Nodejs Deployment
This is one of the best Nodejs tutorials for REST APIs.
Angular & NodeJS – The MEAN Stack Guide by Maximilian Schwarzmüller will teach you how to build real Angular + NodeJS applications. Angular, Node together with Express and MongoDB formed the very popular MEAN stack. Maximilian Schwarzmüller is an experienced web developer and author of many 5-star rated Udemy courses. Combined, his courses have well over 100,000 students.
This Node.js online tutorial will teach you how to:
- Set up a NodeJS + Express + MongoDB + Angular Application with the help of the Angular CLI
- Use NodeJS and Express efficiently
- Build reusable Components in Angular and create a reactive User Experience with the Tools provided by Angular
- Connect your NodeJS (or any other language!) backend with your Angular App through Angular’s HttpClient service
- Provide appropriate endpoints on your Backend, for your Frontend to consume
- Add advanced features like file upload and pagination
- Make your Application more secure by implementing Users, Authentication as well as Authorization
- Handle Errors gracefully
This Node.js online course follows a hands-on approach. The Node.js online training is structured around one big Node application that makes use of many different Node features. The concepts behind the features will be explained in detail. Not only is this one of the best MEAN stack tutorials, its is one of the best Nodejs and Angular tutorials.
Best Nodejs courses 2019
Node with React: Fullstack Web Development by Stephen Grider will help you learn to build full-stack apps with Nodejs and React. It is assumed that you know the basics of React and Redux. You will makes use of Node.js advanced concepts along with Reactjs, Redux, Express, and MongoDB.
In this Nodejs tutorial, you will learn:
- Learn the architectural considerations of building a full stack app with React and Node
- Connect a front-end Create-React-App server to a Nodejs and Express backend
- Communicate data from Mongo database to React app
- Understand how to route user requests on the front end with React Router and on the backend with Express
- Build reusable user inputs (including navigation) with Redux Form
- Handle credit cards and receive payments with Stripe
- Automated emails
- Enhance authentication flows with Google OAuth authentication
- Separate production and development resources with advanced API key handling techniques
- Custom landing pages
Not only is this one of the best Nodejs and React tutorials, but this is also one of the best Fullstack Nodejs tutorials in 2019.
Node JS: Advanced Concepts by Stephen Grider will help you learn advanced Nodejs. You need basic knowledge of Node, Express, and MongoDB before starting. This advanced Nodejs tutorial will take you from basic Nodejs to professional Nodejs developer. You will master Nodejs concepts and how to use them.
Here’s what we’ll learn:
- Master Node Event Loop and explain it.
- Understand how Node is executed by C++ code in the V8 engine.
- Node performance boost with clustering and worker threads.
- Turbocharge MongoDB queries by adding query caching with Redis.
- Scale your Node app with Amazon S3 for image and file upload.
- Managing cookies and session.
- Implement a continuous integration testing pipeline.
- Automated browser testing using Jest and Puppeteer.
- Advanced JS techniques including ES2015 proxies.
This is one of the best advanced Nodejs tutorials in 2019.
Beginner Full Stack Web Development: HTML, CSS, React & Node by Mark Price will help you learn MERN (MongoDB, Express, React & Node) stack. This course is perfect for beginners. The MERN stack works as an alternative to the MEAN stack, with the difference being ReactJS or AngularJS. The fast-growing popularity of React makes it a must learn for development. The full stack web applications you build will be mobile-friendly using Bootstrap 4 & CSS. This Nodejs course online uses NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
You will learn:
- DOM Manipulation
- Bootstrap 4
MERN Stack Front To Back: Full Stack React, Redux & Node.js by Brad Traversy will help you learn MERN stack. You will use Node.js, Express, React, Redux & MongoDB and build a fullstack social network app. This is a practical hands-on guide to building MERN apps. You will use stateless JWT authentication practices. The MERN web app you build will be deployed to Heroku with a postbuild script.
You will learn:
- Building an extensive backend API with Node.js & Express
- Protecting routes/endpoints with JWT (JSON Web Tokens)
- Extensive API testing with Postman
- Integrating React with our backend in an elegant way, creating a great workflow
- Building our frontend to work with the API
- Using Redux for app state management
- Creating reducers and actions for our resources
- Creating many container components that integrate with Redux
- Testing with the Redux Chrome extension
Learn Nodejs by building 12 projects by Eduonix will make you an expert Node.js developer by building real-world applications. You will build Node.js projects that combine Node.js with Cassandra, MongoDB and Express Framework. This Node.js network programming tutorial will teach you coding principles behind practical Node web applications. You will learn the concepts of network programming, and how to use them.
This Nodejs project-based course will help you learn to use:
- Column Databases
- Database ORM
- Express Framework
- Asynchronous programming
- Karken layer
- Drywall user management
- Bcrypt encryption
- Socket IO
- REST APIs
The 12 Node js projects you will build are:
- Simple Web Server
- Basic Express Website
- User Login System
- Node Blog Systems
- Community Events
- Chat IO
- Doctor Directory
- Portfolio App
- Elearning System
- Recipe Book
- Album Organizer
This is one of the best Nodejs project tutorials in 2019.
Best Nodejs books 2019
- Basarat Syed
- Publisher: Apress
- Edition no. 1 (11/25/2014)
- Paperback: 308 pages
Beginning Node.js by Basarat Syed will teach you Node.js step-by-step guidebook. You will learn all the aspects of creating maintainable Node.js applications. This beginner Node.js book explains everything from a beginner level. You will learn Node.js concepts such as streams and event. The Node beginner book will also teach you how to test your Node.js code. This is one of the best Node.js books for beginners in 2019.
- Alex R. Young, Bradley Meck, Mike Cantelon, Tim Oxley, Marc Harter, TJ Holowaychuk, Nathan Rajlich
- Publisher: Manning Publications
- Edition no. 2 (09/17/2017)
- Paperback: 392 pages
- O REILLY
- Shelley Powers
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Edition no. 2 (06/13/2016)
- Paperback: 288 pages
Learning Node: Moving to the Server-Side by Shelley Powers will take your web development skills to the server with Nodejs. This Nodejs book will teach you Node’s event-driven, asynchronous I/O model for developing data-intensive applications. You will learn to write fast and highly scalable Node.js network applications. This Nodejs book is completely updated for the latest Node Long Term Support (LTS) and Node Current (6.0) release. You will master Node’s core fundamentals and gain experience with several built-in and contributed modules.
This Nodejs book covers:
- Explore the frameworks and functionality for full-stack Node development.
- Dive into Node’s module system and package management support.
- Test your application or module code on the fly with Node’s REPL console.
- Use core Node modules to build web applications and an HTTP server.
- Learn Node’s support for networks, security, and sockets.
- Access operating system functionality with child processes.
- Learn Node development tools and techniques.
- Use Node in microcontrollers, microcomputers, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
This is one of the best advanced Nodejs books.
- David Herron
- Packt Publishing
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 3 (06/27/2016)
This Nodejs book will help you learn:
- Install and use Node.js for both development and deployment
- Use Expressjs
- Use Bootstrap
- Use data storage engines including MySQL, SQLITE3, and MongoDB
- Understand user authentication methods, including OAuth, with third-party services
- Deploy Nodejs to live servers, including microservice development with Docker
- Use Mocha for unit testing
- Use Casperjs for functional testing
This is one of the best Nodejs books.
- Mario Casciaro, Luciano Mammino
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Edition no. 2 (07/18/2016)
- Paperback: 526 pages
Node.js Design Patterns by Mario Casciaro and Luciano Mammino will help you learn Node patterns and components. Basic Nodejs knowledge is needed to use this book properly. You will master the most powerful reusable Nodejs components and patterns to create modular and scalable applications with ease. This Nodejs book will help you understand asynchronous single thread design of Nodejs.
This Nodejs design patterns book will help you learn:
- Write asynchronous code by using constructs such as callbacks, promises, generators and the async-await syntax.
- Identify the most important concerns and apply unique tricks to achieve higher scalability and modularity.
- Organize Node modules and connect them properly.
- Reuse well-known techniques to solve common design and coding issues
- Use React and its ecosystem to implement universal applications.
This is one of the best Node.js books for Design Patterns.
- Krasimir Tsonev
- Publisher: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Paperback: 269 pages
Node.js Blueprints – Practical Projects to Help You Unlock the Full Potential of Node.js by Krasimir Tsonev will help you learn Nodejs with real-world examples. This Nodejs book will help you learn Nodejs with step-by-step tutorials. You will utilize libraries and frameworks to build real-world Nodejs applications. The book also makes use of Angular, Socket.io, Backbone, Ember, and Grunt.
You will learn:
- Nodejs design patterns
- Build solid architectures with test-driven development
- Build Nodejs desktop apps
- Develop single page applications (SPA) with Node.js, Angularjs, Emberjs, and Backbonejs
- Master the Express framework
- Build a complete site with a database
- Create a real-time fully functional online chat app with Socket.IO
- Utilize Grunt and Gulp plugins
- Manning Publications
- Simon Holmes
- Publisher: Manning Publications
- Edition no. 1 (11/26/2015)
- Paperback: 440 pages
Getting MEAN with Mongo, Express, Angular, and Node by Simon Holmes will help you learn MEAN stack to build apps. You will learn every layer in the MEAN stack while you learn by building real-world apps. By the end of this book, you will now be able to build your own custom MEAN apps.
First, you will start by building a static site in Express and Node. Then you will deploy your site to a live web server. Adding a MongoDB database and building an API before using Angular is next up. The app will handle data manipulation and application logic in the browser. Finally, you will finish by adding authentication system to the application. Thus you have used the entire MEAN stack.
You will learn:
- Responsive web techniques
- Everything you need to get started with MEAN
- Best practices for efficiency and reusability
This is one of the best MEAN stack books.
Learning Node.js Development: Learn the fundamentals of Node.js, and deploy and test Node.js applications on the web
- Andrew Mead
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Paperback: 658 pages
Learning Node.js Development: Learn the fundamentals of Node.js, and deploy and test Node.js applications on the web by Andrew Mead is a project-based Nodejs book. This book is a comprehensive and easy-to-follow guide to creating complete Node apps. You will learn and understand how to build, deploy, and test your own apps. Not only will you learn the how but also the why of Nodejs features and use cases. A wide range of technologies surrounding the Nodejs ecosystem is covered, including NPM and version control with Git.
You will learn:
- Learn the fundamentals of Nodejs
- Build apps that respond to user input
- Master working with servers
- Learn how to test and debug applications
- Deploy and update your apps in the real world
- Create responsive asynchronous web applications
Amazon Associates Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Last update on 2019-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API