Best Color Grading Courses 2020
Best Color Grading Tutorials 2020
Mastering Advanced Color Grading in Photoshop
What is color? If someone had asked you this question, what would you say? How would you describe to a person what red looks like or what blue looks like. We can’t really explain colors without describing them by name, but we are able to express them through stories.
In this lesson, I will take a more detailed look at how color affects images and how we can create the full atmosphere of the image by working with color. The process of improving and processing color is called color grading.
I have to admit that every part of the retouch is important to the image, although color is the one that has the most impact on the end result and how your images will be perceived.
Why is color so important in photography?
Remember that pictures are not just a part of people’s lives. The pictures tell the stories, and the colors are the content. You want people to feel when they look at the pictures, you want to show them how you feel through the picture, no matter if you are a photographer or a retoucher like me.
For me, as a retoucher, colors are the most important part of the image and the information behind it. It’s also my favorite part of my job. Work with reds to show strong emotions, go with pink to make it soft, or Work with blue colors to make it comfortable on our eyes.
This is what I am teaching you. Why is this course so special? Because I’m not just going to talk about theory, but mostly we’re going to work on real examples, on work that has been published, so you know it’s not an experiment.
I cover a few different topics in photography, outdoor photography, studio fashion and beauty as well as street fashion photography. So you know this course is for you.
What you will find in this course:
1. In the first part of the course, we will work on natural light photography – one of the most popular photographs of recent years.
– I’ll make sure you know how to process your raw images, whether you are using Adobe Camera Raw or capturing software.
– I will show you how to clean up portrait images including the dodge and burn process.
– I will teach you how to do color grading using the most efficient adjustment layers, as well as other techniques to let you choose your own method of retouching.
– I will teach you how to choose the color theme for your image that best suits the specific type of photography.
2. In the next part, we will move on to fashion and beauty studio images.
– I will teach you more techniques on general retouching, including the cleaning process as well as working with contrasts at the advanced level.
– You will learn how to classify images selectively on shadows and highlights, as well as working with images with complementary color harmony.
– You will learn how to correct image colors, remove certain colors from your image, and correct for changes in color and staining.
– I will show you how to do final edits for your image in Camera Raw, to make it perfect.
3. In the last part of the course we will do something much more creative. We will be working on street fashion images with different color palettes.
– I’ll show you how to deal with such raw images.
– You will learn to work selectively with each color no matter what part of the image you want to work with, sky, clothing, hair. You will know how to improve each color.
– You will learn to work with the images of the same set. How to make their colors have a main theme.
– Including with the final touch-ups, I will teach you a simple trick that allows you to break strong color transitions.
Color Grading with Da Vinci Resolve: Beginner to Advanced
Color grading still enjoys a strange, almost mystical status among some filmmakers. Well, there’s no magic (Blackmagic doesn’t count) here, just hard grafting and skill. This course will take you from a standing start to high-end and professional color grading using the excellent Da vinci Resolve. The training material I provide comes from real world projects where I have been paid to provide my work. I’ll explain how I approached each of these projects to achieve professional and high-end results.
I am now a Certified Blackmagic Design Trainer at Da Vinci Resolve and have been studying professionally for over six years and during this time I have produced work for brands such as Unilever, Greggs Bakery, TNT Logistics, Joules (UK ) clothing line), the NHS, the BBC and Virgin Airlines. It doesn’t end there either. I have done dramatic and factual work for broadcast and the web as well as feature films for international distribution.
I bring the benefit of my experience to this course because I know what it’s like to have no one to teach you. When I started grading my film class at university, there was no tutor who could teach this year. I ended up spending long nights in the scoring room (some winter days I missed the sun completely) teaching myself how to use Resolve from scratch. This paid off as I ended up doing some filing work for the BBC Wildlife Unit while studying in college! But why was it like this? I still believe that I would be much better now if I had had the right training earlier, so much more difficult to sort out bad habits when there is no one to call you!
So this course is my attempt to provide this support and training to as many people as possible, all for the price of a pizza (a seriously discounted pizza if it’s big). If you want to learn how to finish your movie projects at a higher level, then come tell us about Da Vinci Resolve in depth in this course!
This course is now in almost complete condition. I have plans for an additional bonus mod on HDR Ranking in the future, but otherwise I will come back to all the talks here as new versions of Resolve are released.
Cinematic Color Grading: Making Your Videos Come Alive
Have you ever watched someone’s movie and thought “the color quality looks amazing, how do they do it?” Then this is the perfect course for you.
I’m here to teach you how to color your videos to look more cinematic to take your videography to the next level.
This course is designed to show you what to do to create a cinematic shade of color for your movie and how to best tell your story through color grading. We’ll learn more about color grading theory, the tools to help you grade, how to shoot so your footage has the best starting point, how to correct colors, how to grade color, what is my flow of work and especially tons of examples.
We will focus on programs like Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Davinci Resolve but the same practices can be applied to any editing program. We’ll see how to use color wheels, curves, denoisers, oscilloscopes, LUTs and more! Once you understand the concepts in this course, you will understand what it takes to grade your movie color, no matter what program or plugin you use.
What makes me qualified to teach this course?
I have been a filmmaker for over 7 years and work in the industry here in Toronto, Canada. I’ve been cinematographer for countless projects and reviewed tons of them. The only question I get asked most often is “How do you classify your color films?” Well, it’s time for me to reveal some professional tips and tricks on how to rate your movies.
Why take this course?
Becoming a filmmaker is easier than ever and it makes the market saturated. But one of the best ways to make your movies stand out and make them look more professional is the color quality. Once you learn these concepts of color grading, you will be able to increase the quality of your movies and therefore charge your customers more because they know they are getting the best quality.
You can’t go wrong investing in yourself!
So what are you waiting for? Invest in yourself by learning these industry standard tips and techniques on how to classify your color films.