PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (recursive acronym). It was created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. PHP is probably the most popular language used in web development. Most of the popular websites are made using PHP. PHP is a popular choice for making Content Management Systems like WordPress. It is open source and can build anything. PHP has been an in-demand skill for web developers for many years and will continue to be. PHP developers make some of the highest salaries in technology jobs. Here’s a list of the best resources to learn PHP in 2019. Including the best PHP tutorials, best PHP books and best PHP courses.
What is the Best PHP Tutorial?
You will start from PHP basics and become a PHP professional. Everything PHP related you need, this PHP tutorial covers. 38 hours of content and over 63,000 students!
This practical PHP tutorial will help you become a FullStack PHP developer learn by building real-world PHP apps.
Make beautiful CMS based websites with PHP.
What is the Best PHP Book?
Best PHP tutorials 2019
PHP for Beginners -Become a PHP Master – Project Included by Edwin Diaz will teach you PHP starting from the basics. This PHP online course will teach everything you need to become a professional PHP developer. With over 30 hours of PHP content, this is one of the most detailed PHP programming tutorials. This PHP tutorial video will teach you fundamental PHP topics like arrays, comparison operators, superglobals, mayor loops, math, constants, functions, etc. You will learn how to use PHP to build a Content Management System (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
This PHP tutorial will help you learn:
- Databases in PHP
- Object Oriented PHP
- CMS project-similar to (WordPress)
- Form Submissions in PHP
- Control Structures in PHP
- Comparison Operators in PHP
- Mayor Loops in PHP
- Security in PHP
- Variables in PHP
- Math in PHP
- Arrays in PHP
- Functions in PHP
- Constants in PHP
- Learn to use jQuery + Bootstrap
- RealTime Notifications with JS
- Protect your credentials with .ENV
- Learn Composer (PHP dependency Manager)
- Super Globals in PHP
- Sessions in PHP
- Cookies in PHP
- Learn to work with FILES
- Custom search feature
- Learn to send emails – from PHP or using a third party Package
This PHP course online will teach you how to use Databases, namely MySQL. You will learn Object Oriented Programming (OOP) in PHP. Use AJAX to submit data to the server, without refreshing. This PHP course online will teach you all about PHP security. This includes sessions, password hashing, etc. This PHP tutorial online makes use of Composer, a PHP package manager. You will learn all about PHP refactoring, PHP debugging and PHP pagination. This PHP tutorials videos also makes use of Bootstrap and APIs. You will learn PHP coding from the basics. This is one of the best PHP tutorials for beginners in 2019.
Complete PHP Course With Bootstrap3 CMS System & Admin Panel by Joe Parys and Shahzaib Kamal is a complete introduction to PHP. This PHP online training is perfect for beginners and professionals. You will learn how to build a Content Management System (CMS) like WordPress using PHP. Your CMS will also have an admin panel, which you will build. You will also use Bootstrap 3 and HTML5 in this PHP CMS tutorial. Your CMS will be customized to your needs by using your PHP programming skills. You will make your own restriction, style and theme. This PHP CMS course will teach you PHP basics, all the way to advance PHP techniques. You will learn PHP web development. This is among the best PHP tutorials in 2019.
The Complete PHP MySQL Professional Course with 5 Projects by Jazeb Akram is a PHP project course. You will learn PHP and MySQL by building projects that include PHP Regular Expressions & CMS. This beginner PHP video course will teach you all PHP fundamentals with practical PHP implementation. The web pages you build will be dynamic a wide variety of PHP Techniques. This PHP course focuses on the fundamentals and advanced concepts of PHP in a way that makes it easy to understand for beginners. You will build real world PHP projects after every section. You will learn PHP form validation in the most secure way using PHP Regular Expressions (Regex).
The 5 PHP projects you will build are:
- Regular Expressions
- Complete Contact Form + Email
- Dynamic Web Pages (Directory Project)
- CMS Based Employee Management CRUD
- CMS + Admin Panel with blog + Bootstrap 4
Using PHP Sessions, you will pass information easily. This PHP and MySQL tutorial will have you build a wide number of real world PHP projects. You will build an Employee Management System CRUD Application using PHP from scratch. This PHP video tutorial will show you how to send email using PHP. You will be able to build a blog with commenting functionality. The 5 projects you will build include Regular Expressions, Contact Form + Email, Directory Project, CMS Based Employee Management and Admin panel with blog. This PHP and MySQL course contains tips, tricks and coding exercises.
OOP Object Oriented Programming In PHP 7 by Saira Sadiq is an advanced PHP 7 object oriented programming tutorial. This online PHP tutorial is split into multiple sections. Each section focuses on a particular topic. You start with an introduction to object oriented programming. You learn how to add OOP in your code. The advantages of object oriented programming are explained. The basics of PHP Object Oriented Programming with real life examples. Then you are taught how to map it in objects, classes, properties and method. You will learn how to how to create objects and classes in PHP. Then you will add properties and methods. You will learn how to work with visibility, namely public, private or protected visibility.
This PHP OOP tutorial teaches you data encapsulation and benefits. You will learn about inheritance with real life examples. This Object Oriented Programming PHP 7 course will describe the issues between child and parent. You will learn how to block inheritance and method overriding by using the final keyword. This PHP 7 Object Oriented Programming course teaches you everything about abstract, including abstract classes and abstract methods. Constructor and destructor methods are discussed in detail. The Static keyword is described in detail along with it’s use cases. You will learn all about Magic methods in PHP. Finally, you will learn about PHP errors and PHP exceptions. This is the best PHP 7 Object Oriented Programming tutorial in 2019.
PHP with Laravel for beginners – Become a Master in Laravel by Edwin Diaz is will teach you how to master Laravel with PHP. This PHP Laravel tutorial is perfect for beginners. You will learn how to use Laravel and build a Content Management System (CMS) like WordPress. This PHP framework tutorial will start of with you installing Laravel on your system. You will learn what Routes, Views and Controllers are, how to build and use them. Blade templating engine is used.
You will learn how to use Laravel Tinker, a command line interface to use Laravel without persisting data. You will learn about Laravel ORM (Object Relational Mapper) and Raw SQL queries. This PHP Laravel tutorial will teach you Eloquent Relationships. You will learn Eloquent One to One, Eloquent One to Many, Eloquent Many to Many and Eloquent Polymorphic relationships. You will learn how to enhance your PHP laravel apps with middleware and security. This is the best PHP and Laravel tutorial in 2019.
The ten PHP projects you will build are:
- Shopping Cart,
- WordPress Contact Widget,
- Address Book,
- Job Board,
- Content Management System (CMS) and
- WordPress plugin.
Quiz will make use of PHP, PHPMyAdmin, MySQL, loops, superglobals (GET, POST), math functions, etc. Blog will make use of PHP Object Oriented Programming, MySQL CRUD, Bootstrap, associative arrays, etc. Form will make use of seperate logic & display, custom templates, PHP OOP, etc. Shopping Cart will make use of Codeigniter, MVC, Perpared Statements, PayPal Express Checkout API, etc. WordPress Contact Widget will be built using WordPress Plugin API, WordPress Widget API, etc. Address Book will make use of Foundation, Ajax, jQuery, etc. Job Board will be built using CakePHP, MVC, Kickstart, etc. CMS will use Codeigniter, Bootstrap, PHP OOP, etc. WordPress plugin will use WordPress Plugin API, WordPress Widget API, Object Oriented PHP, etc. This is one of the best PHP & MySQL app development tutorial in 2019.
PHP Login and Registration System – Email Confirm Activation by Edwin Diaz will help you build a complete custom PHP application. You will build a Login and Registration System in PHP and MySQL with validation from scratch. PHP security will be looked at with the user passwords being hashed as an encryption. Users will be activated using a token in the database.
Write PHP Like a Pro: Build a PHP MVC Framework From Scratch by Dave Hollingworth will help you write PHP faster, PHP easier and more secure PHP from scratch. This PHP MVC tutorial will teach you how to structure your PHP code like a professional. You will learn advanced PHP programming. This PHP framework tutorial will teach you how to organize your PHP code into models, views and controllers in an MVC framework. You will make use of namespaces and an autoloader to load PHP classes automatically. This PHP MVC course will make use of the Composer tool to manage third-party package dependencies and autoloading.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of how MVC frameworks work. This will help you learn PHP frameworks like Laravel or CodeIgniter easier and faster.
This PHP MVC video tutorial deals with how to handle errors and exceptions. It also shows you how to display PHP error details based on the environment. This is one of the best PHP MVC Framework tutorials.
Best PHP books 2019
- Robin Nixon
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Edition no. 5 (06/08/2018)
- Paperback: 832 pages
This PHP book will help you learn PHP including:
- Learn PHP in-depth with the basics of object-oriented programming in PHP
- Explore MySQL including database structures to complex queries
- MySQLi extension
- Build dynamic PHP webpages
- Manage cookies and sessions to maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser-server communication
- Use CSS to style your webpages
- Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element
- Reformat your websites into mobile web apps
This is one of the best PHP books in 2019.
- O Reilly Media
- Josh Lockhart
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Edition no. 1 (03/01/2015)
- Paperback: 270 pages
Modern PHP: New Features and Good Practices by Josh Lockhart will help you learn PHP best practices and new features. It is assumed you have a basic understanding of PHP before reading this book. You will learn about all the new PHP updates and how to use them. This PHP book will teach you PHP best practices for application architecture and planning, databases, security, testing, debugging, and deployment.
This PHP book will help you:
- Learn modern PHP features including namespaces, traits, generators, and closures
- Discover how to find, use, and create PHP components
- Follow PHP best practices for application security, working with databases, errors and exceptions
- Learn tools and techniques for deploying, tuning, testing, and profiling your PHP applications
- Explore Facebook’s HVVM and Hack language implementations to see how they affect modern PHP
- Build a local development environment that closely matches your production server
This is one of the best advanced PHP books in 2019.
- Doug Bierer
- Publisher: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- Paperback: 610 pages
PHP 7 Programming Cookbook by Doug Bierer will teach you how to develop epic PHP7 applications. This book is packed with over 80 PHP7 recipes that will take your PHP development skills to the next tier. PHP 7 Programming Cookbook is one of the most up to date PHP books available right now and features all the new advanced PHP7 features. As a result, all the code in this book is valid and useable. Best practices for server-side programming, testing your PHP code and MVC frameworks are touched upon in this book. The book takes you through your PHP5 code and shows you what you need to update to make the code compatible.
You will learn PHP 7 features including:
- Use advanced PHP 7 features, such as the Abstract Syntax Tree, Uniform Variable Syntax, Scalar Type Hints, Generator Delegation, Anonymous Classes, and the Context Sensitive Lexer
- Discover where and when PHP 5 code needs to be re-written to avoid backwards-compatibility breaks
- Improve the overall application security and error handling by taking advantage of classes that implement the new throwable interface
- Solve practical real-world programming problems using PHP 7
- Develop middle-wareclasses that allow PHP developers to gluedifferent open source libraries together seamlessly
- Define and Implement PSR-7 classes
- Create custom middleware using PSR-7 compliant classes
- Test and debug your code, and get to know the best practices
PHP 7 Programming Cookbook is filled with recipes that use intermediate to advanced PHP7 techniques. this book is packed with recipes that are very practical and designed to solve real world problems. PHP 7 Programming Cookbook should be read by all aspiring PHP 7 chefs. This is the best PHP 7 book in 2019.
- MATT ZANDSTRA
- Publisher: Apress
- Edition no. 5 (12/20/2016)
- Paperback: 576 pages
PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practiceby Matt Zandstra takes an in-depth and detailed look at object-oriented PHP. You will learn about features such as class declaration, inheritance, etc. Design patterns are explained along with how and why to use them. PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice also takes a look at PHP tools and best practices to make your good code into great PHP code. A particular focus is also placed on Composer and Vagrant. PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice provides a solid foundation with teaching you best practices of software design, testing, deploying, etc so that you can become a great PHP developer.
This PHP book will help you learn:
- PHP object fundamentals: writing classes and methods, instantiating objects, creating powerful class hierarchies using inheritance.
- Master PHP advanced object-oriented features, including static methods and properties, managing error conditions with exceptions, and creating abstract classes and interfaces.
- PHP 7 object-oriented features.
- PHP design principles to deploy objects and classes.
- PHP patterns.
- PHP unit testing, version control, build, installation,package management, and continuous integration.
PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice is suitable for intermediate and above PHP developers who want to expand their use of object oriented PHP. To make the most out of this book, knowledge of PHP basics are required.
This is the one of the best PHP books for Object-Oriented Programming.
- O Reilly Media
- David Sklar, Adam Trachtenberg
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Edition no. 0 (07/25/2014)
- Paperback: 818 pages
PHP Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for PHP Programmers by David Sklar & Adam Trachtenberg is the classic PHP cookbook that has inspired many PHP developers. PHP Cookbook is filled with over 350 recipes that solve a wide range of PHP problems. Data types, databases, Web programming, basic building blocks and even RESTful APIs are discussed. PHP Cookbook’s recipes all contain easily implementable code that you can use right away. PHP Cookbook is a great book for both beginners and advanced developers to quickly solve problems. Each recipe is explained, teaching you what you just did.
This book has PHP recipes that teach you:
- Basic data types: strings, numbers, arrays, and dates and times
- Program building blocks: variables, functions, classes, and objects
- Web programming: cookies, forms, sessions, and authentication
- Database access using PDO, SQLite, and other extensions
- RESTful API clients and servers, including HTTP, XML, and OAuth
- PHP Key concepts: email, regular expressions, and graphics creation
- Designing robust applications: security and encryption, error handling, debugging and testing, and performance tuning
- Files, directories, and PHP’s Command Line Interface
- Libraries and package managers such as Composer and PECL
This is the best PHP book for tips and tricks.
- Branko Ajzele
- Packt Publishing
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 1 (06/27/2017)
Mastering PHP 7: Design, configure, build, and test professional web applications by Branko Ajzele will help you learn PHP 7 programming. This book is for intermediate PHP developers. You will understand and use advanced programming concepts in PHP 7. This PHP book will help you learn the newest tools introduced in PHP 7. All the latest additions to the PHP ecosystem including serverless architecture and reactive programming paradigm are explored. You will learn about PHP dependency injection and design patterns.
In this book, you will learn:
- State of PHP language and PHP standards
- Omplement logging and error handling during PHP development
- Build services with SOAP, REST and Apache Trift
- Benefits of serverless architecture
- Understand the basic principles of PHP reactive programming to write asynchronous PHP code
- Implement several important PHP design patterns
- Write efficient PHP code by executing dependency injection
- Magic methods
- Microservices architecture
- PHP performance optimization.
- Handle the command-line area tools and processes
- Control the development process with proper debugging and profiling
This is one of the best PHP 7 books in 2019.
- O Reilly Media
- Lynn Beighley, Michael Morrison
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Edition no. 1 (01/01/2009)
- Paperback: 814 pages
Head First PHP & MySQL: A Brain-Friendly Guide
by Lynn Beighley and Michael Morrison is the ultimate guide to PHP. You will start by learning PHP fundamentals along with MySQL. This includes topics like form validation, session IDs, cookies, database queries and joins, file I/O operations and content management. You will then move on to advanced PHP. With PHP quizzes and exercises will help you practice PHP skills you’ve gained.
You will learn to use PHP to:
- Use PHP to transform static HTML pages into dynamic web sites
- Create and populate your own MySQL database tables, and work with data stored in files
- Perform sophisticated MySQL queries with joins, and refine your results with LIMIT and ORDER BY
- Protect your data from SQL injection attacks
- Use regular expressions to validate information on forms
- Dynamically display text based on session info and create images on the fly
- Pull syndicated data from other sites using PHP and XML
Amazon Associates Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Last update on 2019-06-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API