Most popular Swift tutorial with over 109,000 students! Go from Swift beginner to professional iOS app developer.
The most comprehensive Swift tutorial with 54.5 hours of video and over 60,000 students!
Learn Swift 5 from scratch! Includes app design, UI/UX Sketch and Figma.
What is the Best Swift Book 2020?
Swift has quickly become the preferred way to develop apps for Apple devices. Swift is a programming language made by Apple. Apple's popularity and market-share isn't going away anytime soon and Swift developers will always be in demand. Here's the best Swift books, best Swift tutorials & best Swift courses to learn Swift programming in 2020.
Best Swift tutorials 2020
iOS 12 & Swift – The Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp by Angela Yu will help you in learning Swift from scratch. According to the author, this iOS 12 course is the most comprehensive iOS development course online with 50+ hours of Swift programming videos. This bootcamp will teach you how to write code to write beautiful iOS 12 apps. You will make use of new Apple iOS 12 Features including ARKit 2 for making Swift Augmented Reality apps and CoreML2 & CreateML for making Swift Machine Learning apps. This Swift 4 video tutorial will teach you to build over 20 Swift apps that make use of Firebase, Core Data, Cocoapods, ARKit 2, CoreML2 & CreateML.
This programming tutorial will teach you:
- Swift Object Oriented Programming (OOP). You will use type system, variables, functions, methods, inheritance, classes and protocols.
- Swift Control Structures. You will use If/Else clauses, Switch statements and logic to control the flow of execution.
- Swift Data Structures. You will work with collections, such as arrays and dictionaries.
- Swift Software Design. You will organise and format your Swift code for readability along with implementing the Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern.
- Networking: How to make asynchronous API calls, store and retrieve data from the cloud, and use the JSON format for server communication.
- Swift Persistent Local Data Storage. You will use Core Data, Realm, Codable and User Defaults to store your app data locally.
- You will implement Swift In-App Purchases with Apple StoreKit
- Swift Machine Learning: You will build your own machine learning models using iOS 12’s new CoreML2 and CreateML frameworks.
- Swift Augmented Reality. You will create 3D objects and animations in augmented reality using Apple’s latest ARKit2 framework.
This is with out question, one of the best Swift tutorials in 2020.
iOS 12: From Beginner to Paid Professional by Devslopes by Mark Price will help you is a step by step. You will work fluently with Swift 4 & iOS 12. This Swift programming tutorial will teach you to build Swift 4 apps. Some of the things you will:
- Xcode 10
- Interface Builder
- Firebase & Cloud Firestore
- Build a Slack Clone
- Maps & GPS
- Core Data
- ARKit & Augmented Reality
- CoreML & Machine Learning
- Tables & Data
- APIs, HTTP, and Networking
- App Design
- Storyboards & Segues
That’s only to get started with Swift 4 app development. You will:
- Mastering Swift protocols & delegates
- Diving deep into Swift extensions
- Swift data structures
- Protocol oriented programming
- Reactive programming in Swift
- Swift Unit Testing
- Swift UI Testing
This maybe the best Swift tutorial for beginners in 2020.
The Complete iOS 12 & Swift Developer Course – Build 28 Apps by Rob Percival and Nick Walter is a Swift project based course. You will use Xcode 10 & Swift 4 to make apps like Uber and Instagram, with CoreML & ARKit. This complete iOS 12 developer course teaches:
- XCode and Interface Builder
- Inputs, Buttons, and Reactive Interfaces
- Apple’s New Programming Language: Swift
- Variables, Arrays, Tables, and Loops
- Navigation, Storage, and Live Content
- Images, Maps and Music
- Accelerometers and Motion Feedback
- Core Data and JSON
- Online Storage With Parse
- Games and the Sprite Kit
- Instagram and Snapchat Clones
- App Store Submission
- Making a Marketing Website For Your App
This among the best Swift course in 2020.
Best Swift books 2020
iOS 13 Programming Fundamentals with Swift: Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics
- Neuburg, Matt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 680 Pages - 11/12/2019 (Publication Date) - O'Reilly Media (Publisher)
iOS 13 Programming Fundamentals with Swift: Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics by Matt Neuburg will teach you the fundamentals of Swift programming. Matt Neuburg has been programming since 1968. iOS 13 Programming Fundamentals will teach you the basics of Swift coding in a very though way. This book will teach you all the concepts behind iOS programming. A particular focus is placed Swift’s object oriented concepts. You will use Swift’s built in features and types in no time at all. Xcode IDE and Cocoa Touch framework are also explained in this book. This helps you make better iOS apps as you will use both of them with Swift. iOS 11 Programming Fundamentals. iOS 13 Programming Fundamentals is perfect for beginners. This book will get you started on the path to making iOS applications. After finishing iOS 11 Programming Fundamentals , you will be ready to tackle more advanced Swift books to fully make an iOS application. This is one of the best Swift book in 2020.
Learning Swift: Building Apps for macOS, iOS, and Beyond
- Manning, Jon (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 378 Pages - 04/14/2018 (Publication Date) - O'Reilly Media (Publisher)
Building Apps for macOS, iOS, and Beyond by Paris Buttfield-Addison, Jon Manning and Tim Nugent is a practical guide that will teach you how to build iOS applications using Swift. Paris Buttfield-Addison builds games for mobile devices, Jon Manning is an iOS development trainer and writer and Tim Nugent is a mobile app developer. This book will teach you everything you need to write an iOS app using Swift. All of the features and syntax of Swift is explored. Not only that, Cocoa, CocoaTouch, and WatchKit frameworks are also briefly touched upon. The book is split into 4 parts: 1) Basics, 2) OS X app development, 3) iOS app development and 4) Advanced app extensions. Each of the sections builds on the previous and gets more complex. By building the three applications, you will understand everything required to build your own Swift apps. This is a good book for beginners. With a particular focus on Swift design patterns, you will structure your applications properly. This is one of the best Swift book for beginners in 2020.
Mastering Swift 5: Deep dive into the latest edition of the Swift programming language, 5th Edition
- Hoffman, Jon (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 370 Pages - 04/30/2019 (Publication Date) - Packt Publishing (Publisher)
Mastering Swift 5 by Jon Hoffman will teach you all the advanced techniques you need to master Swift 5. Jon Hoffman has over 20 years of experience in the field of Information Technology. Mastering Swift 5 will take you on a deep dive of the core building blocks of Swift 3. Components such as operators, control flow, and functions, etc are all touched upon. Mastering Swift 5 primarily focuses on advanced design patterns and techniques to help you write better and more efficient Swift code. An in-depth look is taken on the more complex side of Swift programming. Features such as protocol extensions, error-handling, and concurrency, are looked at. Every step of the way, you will use all this concepts and features. All the while writing cleaner and more efficient code. Mastering Swift 5 is one of the top Swift books and is great for developers of all skill levels. Regardless of whether you are a beginner or advanced developer, you will find value in this book. Upon completion of Mastering Swift 5, you will be writing better iOS and OSX applications that are more sophisticated and complex.
Over the years, the book has emerged as a popular choice among developers as a detailed and practical guide to the Swift programming language. The latest version has been completely updated and revised to cover the new version: Swift 5 In this book, you will see the key features of the easily explained with a complete set of examples. From language basics to popular features like competition, generics and memory management, this precise guide will help you hone your skills and Swift language skills.Mastering the fifth version of with profal extensions, error handling and shutdown will give you an in-depth knowledge of the most sophisticated components of development. It will guide you on how to use and apply them in your own projects. Next, you will gain the power of protocol-based programming to write flexible, manageable code. You’ll add copywriting functionality to your custom quality styles and avoid memory management issues due to powerful reference cycles. This book is for developers who want to discover the latest version of Swift. If you are a developer and understand better by looking at and working on the code, then this book is for you. A preliminary understanding of Apple’s tools would be helpful but not necessary. All examples should also work on the Linux platform.
Swift Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (2nd Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
- Big Nerd Ranch Guides
- Mathias, Matthew (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 9998 Pages - 12/08/2016 (Publication Date) - Big Nerd Ranch Guides (Publisher)
Swift Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide by Matthew Mathias and John Gallagher will give you the knowledge and confidence to develop apps using Swift. You will develop a great understanding of Apple Swift programming. No prior knowledge is needed, making this one of the best Swift books for beginners. The books teaches in-depth and why you should code while navigating Xcode 8. This programming book is up top date with the latest changes. Filled with examples, you will use grammar and syntax works. By the time you finish this book, you will write your own applications from scratch. The Big Nerd Ranch Guide is written in a style easy for beginner developers to understand.