Best Jenkins courses & tutorials 2019
The Complete Jenkins Course For Developers and DevOps by James Lee will teach you how to build automated continuous integration pipeline with Jenkins. This Jenkins tutorial will show you how to implement an automated continuous integration pipeline to build, test, analyze and deploy a web-based application with Jenkins. You will understand the concepts of continuous inspection, continuous integration, and continuous deployment, and the difference between them. DevOps skills such as setting up staging and production environment for continuous integration workflows are taught. This Jenkins course will show you how to create a multi-stage Jenkins job and visualize the complicated build pipeline with Jenkins build pipeline plugin.
You will learn how to configure and extend Jenkins functionality with Jenkins plugins such as copy build artifacts plugins and deploy to container plugins, etc. Working with Jenkins will help you gain In-depth knowledge about Jenkins and confidence to help you apply the right Jenkins workflow and continuously deliver better software. You will integrate continuous integration builds with other tools such as Java, GitHub, Maven and Tomcat in a more comprehensive software delivery strategy. This Jenkins programming course will take your Jenkins skills to the next level. This is one of the best Jenkins tutorials in 2019.
Jenkins Bootcamp: Fully Automate Builds Through Deployment by Jason Taylor is a good introduction to Jenkins. This course will teach you to use Jenkins effectively to build, test, analyze and deploy Java projects. This is one of the best Jenkins courses in 2019.
Jenkins: Learn continuous integration, DevOps with Jenkins by Manuj Aggarwal will teach you DevOps with Jenkins. You will learn all about continuous integration (CI).
Best Jenkins books 2019
[aawp bestseller=”jenkins devops books” items=”10″]
Jenkins 2: Up and Running: Evolve Your Deployment Pipeline for Next Generation Automation by Brent Laster will help you learn Jenkins 2 from scratch. This is a practical guide to Jenkins. You will learn how to use Jenkins 2 effectively. This Jenkins 2 ebook will teach you all the new Jenkins 2 features. You will:
- Using Jenkins domain-specific language, you will build continuous delivery pipelines as code
- Get practical Jenkins guidance on how to migrate existing jobs and pipelines
- Harness Jenkins best practices and new methods for controlling access and security
- Understand and use the new Blue Ocean graphical interface
- Take advantage of the capabilities of the underlying OS in your pipeline
- Explore the structure, implementation, and use of shared pipeline libraries
- Learn the differences between declarative syntax and scripted syntax
- Leverage new and existing project types in Jenkins
- Integrate analysis tools, artifact management, and containers
This is one of the best Jenkins 2 books in 2019.
Learning Continuous Integration with Jenkins: A beginner’s guide to implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Jenkins 2, 2nd Edition
Learning Continuous Integration with Jenkins: A beginner’s guide to implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Jenkins 2 by Nikhil Pathania will help you learn Jenkins Continuous Integration. This book starts of with the concepts of Continuous Integration in Jenkins. You will:
- Learn ways to setup Jenkins
- Learn the new Jenkins features such as Pipeline as code, Multibranch pipeline, and more
- Manage users, projects, and permissions in Jenkins to ensure better security
- Leverage the power of Jenkins plugins
- Create CI pipeline using Jenkins Blue Ocean
- Create a distributed build farm using Docker and use it with Jenkins
- Implement Jenkins Continuous Integration and Jenkins Continuous Delivery
- Learn the differences between Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment
This is one of the best Jenkins 2 Continuous Integration books in 2019.
Pro Continuous Delivery: With Jenkins 2.0 by Nikhil Pathania is a Jenkins step-by-step guide for creating continuous delivery pipelines. This Jenkins 2 book will teach you all the crucial elements for faster pipelines. You will:
- Create highly available Jenkins server with CoreOS, Docker, Pacemaker and Corosync
- Use a Jenkins multi-branch pipeline to automatically perform continuous integration whenever there is a new branch in your source control system
- USe Jenkinsfile to describe your continuous delivery pipeline
- Host Jenkins server on a cloud solution
- Run Jenkins inside a container using Docker
- USe Git and the “merge before build” Jenkins feature for security
- Implement a scalable build farm using Docker and Kubernetes
You will build highly available Jenkins servers. This is one of the best Jenkins book in 2019.
Amazon Associates Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.