ASP.NET is an open-source server-side web application framework made by Microsoft. It was made primarily to build dynamic websites, web applications, and web services. The first version of ASP.NET was released in January 2002. ASP.NET’s successor is called ASP.NET Core which has added features and implementations. ASP.NET technology is used in a lot of enterprise companies because of its reliability. ASP.NET is used in every programmer’s favorite site, Stack Overflow. As you can see, if you want heavy lifting, ASP.NET is the way to go. Professional ASP.NET developers have been in high demand and made great money for many years now. Here’s a list of the best ASP.NET books, best ASP.NET courses and best ASP.NET tutorials to help you learn ASP.NET in 2019.
Best ASP.NET courses & tutorials 2019
The Complete ASP.NET MVC 5 Course by Mosh Hamedani is will help you learn ASP.NET MVC 5 procgramming. This ASP.NET MVC 5 video course will teach you how to build web applications. Entity Framework is used to query and update data. RESTful services are built using ASP.NET Web API. Authentication and authorization is implemented using ASP.NET Web API. You will gain an understanding of MVC architectural patterns from this ASP.NET video tutorial. Security best practices are explained and implemented. This is one of the best ASP.NET MVC 5 tutorials in 2019.
Build a Real-world App with ASP.NET Core and Angular 2 (4+) by Mosh Hamedani will teach you everything you need to build full-stack web applications with ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core and AngularJS. You will understand and apply the Dependency Inversion Principle (DIP). The web application you build will implement a clean and decoupled architecture. This ASP.NET programming course will show you how to build APIs with ASP.NET Core. Then those APIs will be tested using PostMan. Entity Framework Core (Code-first approach) will be used to store and retrieve data. This is the best ASP.NET and Angular tutorial in 2019.
Complete ASP NET MVC Web Development – Newbie to Ninja! by Brett Hargreaves will get you started with ASP.NET. teach you everything you need for web development with ASP.NET MVC and C#. This ASP.NET online course will start you with the basics and make you a pro ASP.NET developer. You will learn and master software design patterns and techniques used by other experienced enterprise developers. You will learn Object Orientated Programming, Code reuses and many other best practices to make you a great professional ASP NET developer. This is one of the best ASP.NET MVC course in 2019./p>
ASP NET Core (ASP.NET 5),MVC 6,C#,Angular4 & EF Crash Course by Codeit 24/7 will teach you how to build cross platform web applications with ASP.NET. You will combine ASP.NET 5 with ASP.NET MVC 6, C#, Web API, AngularJS 4 & Entity Framework. An API Service will be developed using ASP.NET Core web API. in ASP.NET Core’s new modular HTTP request pipeline is discussed. AngularJS 4 binding techniques will be used with web api services. Angular.js 4 will also be implemented with TypeScript in the ASP.NET Core Web Application. As you can see not only is this a comprehensive ASP.NET course, this is one of the best ASP.NET crash course in 2019.
Comprehensive ASP.net MVC by 3D BUZZ Programming and Digital Art training will teach you to code ASP.net MVC web apps. After learning everything in this course, you will be able to deploy a functioning blog engine made in ASP.NET to Windows Server. You will be able to version your database schema inside. This online ASP.NET MVC training will show you how to configure web deploy, so that you can deploy from Visual Studio. This is one of the most comprehensive ASP.net tutorials in 2019, and certainly lives up to its name.
ASP.NET Web API 2 Hands-On by Patrick God will teach you how to build RESTful web services with ASP.NET Web API 2. You will also use ASP.NET Web API 2 to create custom URIs with Attribute Routing. Data saving in a database will be handled by Entity Framework Code First Migrations. You will use jQuery to create, read, update and delete objects with ASP.NET Web API 2. This ASP.NET Web API course is great for those that just want to get started with ASP.NET Web API quickly.
ASP.NET Core MVC – A Step by Step Course by Telecoma will teach you how to master ASP.NET Core MVC step by step from the experts. This ASP.NET Core MVC course will teach you the fundamentals concepts of ASP.NET Core MVC. You will be building custom model binders and model validation with ASP.NET Core MVC. Razor Syntax will be introduced to you along with how to use it. You will gain knowledge on the roles of Model, View and Controller and integrating them to develop complete web applications.
Best ASP.NET books 2019
[aawp bestseller=”asp.net books” items=”10″]
Murach’s ASP.NET 4.6 Web Programming with C# 2015 by Anne Boehm and Mary Delamater will help you build server-side web applications with ASP.NET Web Forms. This ASP.NET course is split into 5 sections. They are:
- Section 1 teaches creating your first ASP.NET Web Forms applications using Visual Studio
- Section 2 teaches you necessary web app skills including server controls, validate user entries, manage state, use master pages, make ASP.NET work with Bootstrap for responsive layouts, and use friendly URLs
- Section 3 helps you learn database-driven web applications, including how to use SQL data sources, object data sources, and model binding. You will learn Entity Framework with ASP.NET data controls including GridView, DetailsView, FormView, and ListView
- Section 4 teaches how to develop secure web pages, authenticate users with ASP.NET Identity, send email, control the use of the Back button, and deploy finished applications
- Section 5 teaches how to use ASP.NET Ajax, how to develop WCF and Web API services, and how ASP.NET MVC programming differs from Web Forms programming
ASP.NET Core in Action by Andrew Lock will help you get started with ASP.NET Core. You will start with a crash course in .NET Core. This ASP.NET Core book will teach you how to build logins, configuration, dependency injection, and custom components. Important steps like testing, multiplatform deployment, and security are also touched upon. You will learn:
- ASP.NET Core 2.0
- Dynamic page generation using Razor templating engine
- Developing ASP.NET Core apps for non-Windows servers
- Annotated C# examples
Professional ASP.NET MVC 5 by Jon Galloway, Brad Wilson, K. Scott Allen and David Matson will help you learn ASP.NET MVC 5. You will learn ASP.NET MVC step-by-step. This practical ASP.NET MVC book covers controllers, views, models, forms and HTML helpers. You will also learn data annotation, validation, membership, authorization, and security. This book covers:
- MVC 5 with single page applications, mobile optimization, and adaptive rendering
- Basic and advanced MVC topics
- Ajax, routing, ASP.NET web API, dependency injection, unit testing, real-world application, and much more
Modern API Design with ASP.NET Core 2: Building Cross-Platform Back-End Systems by Fanie Reynders will help you learn ASP.NET API design. You will build ASP.NET Core APIs that are fast and scalable. This ASP API book includes the fundamentals and core concepts of ASP.NET Core 2. You will learn about building RESTful APIs with the MVC patterns following the six principles of REST. This ASP.NET API design book is packed full of examples and best practices. You will:
- Incorporate automated API tooling like Swagger from the OpenAPI specification
- Standardize query and response formats using Facebook’s GraphQL query language
- Implement security by applying authentication and authorization using ASP.NET Identity
- Ensure the safe storage of sensitive data using the data protection stack
- Create unit and integration tests to guarantee ASP.NET code quality
Pro ASP.NET Core MVC 2 by Adam Freeman will help you learn ASP.NET Core MVC features. This ASP.NET Core MVC book contains detailed explanations of the Core MVC functionality. You will:
- Gain a solid architectural understanding of ASP.NET Core MVC
- Explore the entire ASP.NET MVC Framework
- See how MVC and test-driven development works
- Learn new ASP.NET Core MVC 2 features and how best to use them
- Create RESTful web services and Single Page Applications
- Build on your existing knowledge of previous MVC releases to get up and running quickly
Programming ASP.NET Core (Developer Reference) by Dino Esposito is the definitive guide to ASP.NET Core software development. You will learn:
- Applying ASP.NET Core components, including MVC for HTML generation, .NET Core, EF Core, ASP.NET Identity, dependency injection
- Integrating ASP.NET Core with leading client-side frameworks, including Bootstrap
- ASP.NET Core code for implementing business logic and data transformations
- Handling configuration, routing, controllers, views, and common tasks (including posting forms and presenting data)
- Performing complementary tasks: error handling, logging, application design, authentication, localization
- Front-end development: ensuring responsiveness, creating mobile views, and providing advanced interactivity
- Middleware, data access, runtime architecture, and deployment
- ASP.NET Core runtime
Amazon Associates Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.