Power BI is a business analytics tool and service made by Microsoft. Power Bi was first released in 2013. Power BI allows you to make interactive visualizations, reports, and dashboards with business intelligence capabilities. Here’s a list of the best Power BI tutorials, best Power BI books and best Power BI courses to help you learn Power BI in 2019.
What is the Best Power BI Tutorial?
POWER BI DESKTOP
What is the Best Power BI Book?
Best Power BI tutorials 2019
Powerful Reports and Dashboards with Microsoft Power BI by Ian Littlejohn will help you learn to use Power BI in minutes. You will learn to create reports, analyze data and develop interactive dashboards in minutes. This Power BI desktop tutorial will help you gain valuable insight and intelligence from your business and marketing data very quickly. Using the drag and drop capability of Microsoft Power BI, you will easily create a wide range of graphs and visualizations.
The Power BI course contains:
- Introduction to Power BI.
- Creating your first online report and dashboard.
- How to download the Power BI Desktop Designer.
- Loading, transforming and filtering data in Power BI.
- Creating tables and reports.
- Using graphs and visualizations.
- Creating relationships between tables of data.
- Creating powerful calculations, key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Creating interactive dashboards.
- Publishing dashboards to Power BI.
This Power BI tutorial gets regularly updated. Some of the latest updates include:
- Using the new Table and Matrix visualizations.
- Creating Drill through between different sheets.
- Add new Power BI themes from the Community Theme Gallery.
- Easily add custom visualizations from Microsoft Office Store.
- Share your dashboards and reports using Power BI apps and App workspaces.
- Relative Date Filters.
- Quick Measures.
- Ribbon Chart.
Thu is one of the best Power BI tutorials in 2019.
Power BI Essentials: Introduction to Microsoft Power BI by Grant Gamble is a comprehensive introduction to Power BI Desktop, the Power BI service and Power BI mobile apps. These Power BI online training videos will teach you how to use Power BI Desktop to import and model data and create reports. You will learn how to use the Power BI service for making dashboards, collaboration and content sharing. By the end of the course, you will be confident in using the three main components of Power BI. These are Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service and Power BI Mobile Apps.
Power BI Desktop Masterclass – Data Analysis for Everyone by Paula Guilfoyle will teach you how to become an expert in Power BI Desktop. Power BI Desktop is a combination of Excels Power Features (Power Pivot, Power Query and Power View) all in a standalone package. This Power BI desktop course will teach you how touse the power of basic DAX to create calculations and comparisons across tables of data from many sources. You will learn how to use Power BI desktop to connect multiple data sources and visualize them. This is one of the best Power BI desktop training course.
Best Power BI books 2019
- Teo Lachev
- Publisher: Prologika
- Paperback: 474 pages
Applied Microsoft Power BI (4th Edition): Bring your data to life by Teo Lachev and Edward Price will help you learn and master Power BI. This Power BI book is ideal for beginners and experienced Power BI developers. The Power BI book teaches how to implement Power BI solutions for descriptive, real-time, and predictive analytics. You will learn how to integrate custom applications with Power BI, embed reports, and implement custom visuals to present data. Creating interactive reports and dashboards is the prime focus.
The book provides all the Power BI code used.
You will learn:
- Get instant insights from cloud services and files.
- Explore data with interactive reports.
- Assemble dashboards with a few clicks.
- Access BI content on mobile devices.
- Create sophisticated data models.
- Implement business calculations.
- Import data from virtually anywhere.
- Cleanse, transform and shape data.
- Get insights from data.
- Deploy to cloud and on premises.
- Implement organizational BI solutions.
- Automate Power BI.
- Report-enable custom applications.
- Build custom visuals.
- Apply machine learning.
- Enable sharing and collaboration.
This is one of the best Power Bi books in 2019.
- Errin O'Connor
- Publisher: Microsoft Press
- Edition no. 1 (12/01/2018)
- Paperback: 304 pages
Microsoft Power BI Dashboards Step by Step by Errin O’Connor will help you learn to build Power BI dashboards. This official Power Bi book from Microsoft is perfect for beginners. You will get all the guidance, examples, and code needed to be an expert in Power BI.
This book will teach you to:
- Successfully design, architect, and implement Power BI.
- Take full advantage of any Microsoft Power BI platform, including Power BI Premium.
- Make upfront decisions that position your Power BI project for success.
- Build rich, live dashboards to monitor crucial data.
- Aggregate data and data elements from numerous internal and external data sources.
- Develop dynamic visualizations, including charts, maps, and graphs.
- Bring data to life with stunning interactive reports.
- Ensure dashboard security and compliance.
- Drive user adoption through effective training .
This is one of the best Power BI books in 2019.
Beginning Power BI: A Practical Guide to Self-Service Data Analytics with Excel 2016 and Power BI Desktop
- Dan Clark
- Publisher: Apress
- Edition no. 2 (03/06/2017)
- Paperback: 368 pages
Beginning Power BI: A Practical Guide to Self-Service Data Analytics with Excel 2016 and Power BI Desktop by Dan Clark will help you get started with Power BI. This book is written for Power BI beginners. You will harness the power of Power BI to build scalable and robust data models. This Power BI book teaches you each Power BI feature step-by-step with screenshots. Power Query advance uses along with Power BI platform tips are included.
This Power BI book will help you learn:
- Simplify data discovery, association, and cleansing.
- Build solid analytical data models.
- Create robust interactive data presentations.
- Combine analytical and geographic data in map-based visualizations.
- Publish and share dashboards and reports.
This is one of the best Power BI books for beginners in 2019.
- Adam Aspin
- Publisher: Apress
- Edition no. 2 (12/09/2017)
- Paperback: 800 pages
Pro Power BI Desktop by Adam Aspin will help you learn Power BI Desktop like a professional. You will learn all the latest Power Bi desktop features including combo charts, Cartesian charts, trend lines, use of gauges. This book covers Power BI desktop topics like Top-N features, bin data into groupings, chart the groupings, new techniques for detecting and handling outlier data. You will learn to take data from any source and produce amazing dashboards and reports. How to add metrics and KPIs to your projects with ease is explained.
You will learn Power BI desktop to:
- Turn raw data into understandable insight.
- Combine data from multiple sources into a cleansed and coherent data model.
- Create dashboards that help in monitoring key performance indicators of your business.
- Build interdependent charts, maps, and tables to deliver visually stunning information.
- Share business intelligence in the cloud without involving IT.
- Deliver visually stunning and interactive charts, maps, and tables.
- Find new insights as you chop and tweak your data as never before.
- Adapt delivery to mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
This is among the best Power BI Desktop books in 2019.
- Microsoft Press
- Alberto Ferrari
- Publisher: Microsoft Press
- Edition no. 1 (04/29/2017)
- Paperback: 256 pages
Analyzing Data with Power BI and Power Pivot for Excel (Business Skills) by Alberto Ferrari and Marco Russo will help you learn Power BI to build the best data models. You will learn to combine Excel with Power BI to design data models for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. This Power BI book will introduce you to the basic techniques of building data models in Excel and Power BI. Packed full of real-world examples, you will look at reports like experienced data modelers.
This Power BI book will help you:
- Gain an understanding of the basics of data modeling, including tables, relationships, and keys.
- Familiarize yourself with star schemas, snowflakes, and common modeling techniques.
- Learn the importance of granularity.
- Discover how to use multiple fact tables, like sales and purchases, in a complex data model.
- Manage calendar-related calculations by using date tables.
- Track historical attributes, like previous addresses of customers or manager assignments.
- Use snapshots to compute quantity on hand.
- Work with multiple currencies in the most efficient way.
- Analyze events that have durations, including overlapping durations.
- Learn what data model you need to answer your specific business questions.
This is one of the best Power BI books for Excel in 2019.
Power Pivot and Power BI: The Excel User’s Guide to DAX, Power Query, Power BI & Power Pivot in Excel 2010-2016
- Holy Macro Books
- Rob Collie, Avichal Singh
- Publisher: Holy Macro! Books
- Edition no. 0 (01/01/2016)
- Paperback: 308 pages
Power Pivot and Power BI: The Excel User’s Guide to DAX, Power Query, Power BI & Power Pivot in Excel 2010-2016 by Rob Collie and Avichal Singh will help you learn Power BI quickly, so you can build reports fast. This book gives you an overview of Power BI, Power Pivot and Power Query. It then dives into DAX formulas, which is Power Pivot’s core feature. You will learn in a simple and step-by-step way. Everything you learn will help you save a lot of time in Power BI.
This Power BI book will teach you:
- Difference between calculated columns and measures.
- How formulas can be reused across different reports.
- Merge disjointed sets of data into unified reports.
- Filter certain columns in a pivot.
- Create time-intelligent calculations in pivot tables.
- Leverage Power Query.
- Use Power BI Desktop and PowerBI.com and learn how the fit into the Excel excosystem
- Power BI best practices
Without question, this is among the best Power Bi books.
Amazon Associates Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Last update on 2019-06-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API